Learn Game Development with Phaser.js
Learn about the HTML5 game development framework that makes writing browser-based games a breeze.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Game Development with Phaser.js:
About this course
Syllabus6 lessons • 4 projects • 4 quizzes
Projects in this course
Create a Fantasy Adventure GameProgram an action-adventure fantasy story using Phaser.js.
Bug InvadersRe-create an arcade classic: Space Invaders, in the form of Bug Invaders using Phaser.js!
Codey's Counting ConundrumCreate a game that includes scene transitions, animations, and tweens!
Learn Game Development with Phaser.js course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Game Development with Phaser.js today!
Looking for something else?
HTML5 Game Development with PhaserLearn about HTML5 game development with one of the most popular frameworks, Phaser!
Developing Phaser 3 Games LocallyLearn how to develop Phaser 3 games locally on your own computer.
Phaser Quick GuideNeed a quick reference to fundamental Phaser concepts? Check this guide out!
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Phaser.js: FundamentalsLearn about the HTML5 game development framework that makes writing browser-based games a breeze.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Phaser.js: PhysicsMake your Phaser game feel more like the real world by incorporating the rules of physics.2 hours
- Skill path
Create Video Games with Phaser.jsIt’s easy to get lost in the flow of a good game. But behind every power-up and boss battle is simple code that brings the game to life.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate27 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,884,362 learners enrolled
- Game Development209,461 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,227,896 learners enrolled
- For Business9,758,468 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,453,026 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,795,444 learners enrolled
- Python4,539,400 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,105,409 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.