Jump into PowerShell through interactive lessons on variables, operators, control flow, objects, arrays, and functions.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into PowerShell? Take Learn PowerShell — An interactive introduction to using the powerful command-line tool for Windows automation.
Skills you'll gain
Variables and Operators
Objects and Arrays
Syllabus5 lessons • 4 projects • 5 quizzes
Projects in this course
Power of 10Help your friend with a project using PowerShell variables and operators.
Role Playing GameHelp your friend create a role-playing game using objects and arrays in PowerShell.
IT AdministrationIn this project, you'll use the knowledge you gained from the Control Flow lesson to simulate writing Powershell scripts as an IT Administrator. Based on inputted server names, you'll develop scripts to separate servers based on naming convention criteria.
Learn PowerShell course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn PowerShell today!
Looking for something else?
Important PowerShell Commands for Cybersecurity AnalystsThe basics of PowerShell commands useful for any Cybersecurity professional.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Java: Conditionals and OperatorsLearn how to control the flow of execution using conditional statements.1 hour
- Free course
Learn C: Variables and OperatorsLearn how to store and manipulate your data with C variables and operators.2 hours
- Free course
Learn CSS: Variables and FunctionsCreate websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
- IT3,860,812 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.