Time to completeApprox. 25 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
If you’re looking for a programming language that’s flexible and easy to read, try learning Python. It’s one of the most popular languages today, and programming in Python is used for everything from web and software development to data science and analytics to quality assurance.
Skills you'll gain
Write Python 3 programs
Simplify the code you write
Take your skills off-platform
Syllabus14 lessons • 12 projects • 12 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Receipts for Lovely LoveseatsKeep receipts for your lovely loveseats. Programming is a treat with this sweet suite of feats! Use strings and numbers to save a catalog of furniture, then perform concatenation and math calculations to create a receipt.
Magic 8-BallWe’ve learned about and explored a powerful tool in Python — control flow! It’s so powerful, in fact, that it can be used to tell someone’s fortune.
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice projectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of completionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- SAMSON O7 days agoThe learning experience would definitely be better with real word examples!
- Spencer G.7 days agoI came into the Python 3 course knowing nothing about coding, and thanks to the simple instructions and variety of resources offered on Codecademy I'm now confident in my understanding of the basics of Python!
- Alex M8 days agoThis course really does a good job at explaining the topics in a way that you can actually remember the material for a long time.
- hh8 days agoCourse is good. Feel like I learned Python. But some project miss the video solution or any kind of solution to check and compare.
- arya naik8 days agovery user-friendly and great for beginner
- Aygun Albayrak8 days agoCourse is good but it lacks about practicing.
Frequently asked questions about Python 3
Python is a powerful and flexible general-purpose language with many applications. Python 3 is the latest version of the language, and it’s great for new and seasoned developers alike. In fact, it’s one of the most popular programming languages in the world.