Time to completeApprox. 25 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
If you’re looking for a programming language that’s flexible and easy to read, try learning Python. It’s one of the most popular languages today, and programming in Python is used for everything from web and software development to data science and analytics to quality assurance.
Skills you'll gain
Write Python 3 programs
Simplify the code you write
Take your skills off-platform
Syllabus14 lessons • 12 projects • 12 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Receipts for Lovely LoveseatsKeep receipts for your lovely loveseats. Programming is a treat with this sweet suite of feats! Use strings and numbers to save a catalog of furniture, then perform concatenation and math calculations to create a receipt.
Magic 8-BallWe’ve learned about and explored a powerful tool in Python — control flow! It’s so powerful, in fact, that it can be used to tell someone’s fortune.
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Ahmad J5 days agoI would highly recommend this Python course to anyone looking to learn the language. Whether you're a beginner or have some experience with programming, this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to start using Python effectively. Thanks CodeCademy for helping me to learn this amazing programming language!
- Clark Haikal6 days agoVery well made, I enjoy the interactive aspect.
- Justin S6 days agoThis course is a great way to obtain the basics in coding Python.
- Nick B6 days agoEasy way to learn Python at a basic level.
- Tony D.6 days agoGreat format for learning!
- Ryan M6 days agoHas been pretty helpful with my coding process.
Frequently asked questions about Python 3
Python is a powerful and flexible general-purpose language with many applications. Python 3 is the latest version of the language, and it’s great for new and seasoned developers alike. In fact, it’s one of the most popular programming languages in the world.