Learn Python 3
Learn the basics of Python 3, one of the most powerful, versatile, and in-demand programming languages today.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary25 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
If you’re looking for a programming language that’s flexible and easy to read, try learning Python. It’s one of the most popular languages today, and programming in Python is used for everything from web and software development to data science and analytics to quality assurance.
Skills you'll gain
Write Python 3 programs
Simplify the code you write
Take your skills off-platform
Syllabus14 lessons • 12 projects • 12 quizzes
Projects in this course
Receipts for Lovely LoveseatsKeep receipts for your lovely loveseats. Programming is a treat with this sweet suite of feats! Use strings and numbers to save a catalog of furniture, then perform concatenation and math calculations to create a receipt.
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Magic 8-BallWe’ve learned about and explored a powerful tool in Python — control flow! It’s so powerful, in fact, that it can be used to tell someone’s fortune.
Learn Python 3 course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Awesome course, understandable from the beginner and able to guide you step-by-step into using python for real stuff, not just for academic knowledge.LMVerified Learner
- Interactive and fun, concepts separated into nice and manageable chunks, so the the learning at no point feels like a chore and the next goal is always within reach.Matago L.Verified Learner
- The course was very well made. All concepts were explained very clearly and I really appreciate lot of examples and interactive elements. The pace of the course was slower which is ideal for beginners. I recommend to everyone who wants to get started in programming.Jana P.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Python 3
Python is a powerful and flexible general-purpose language with many applications. Python 3 is the latest version of the language, and it’s great for new and seasoned developers alike. In fact, it’s one of the most popular programming languages in the world.
Should I Learn Python?
If you’re debating on whether or not you should learn Python, the answer is probably yes. As any developer will attest, it’s a great addition to almost any tech stack — and it consistently ranks highly among the most popularly used programming languages.
Python’s popularity stems largely from its power and versatility. Below, we’ll explore the reasons behind Python’s popularity and its various applications to help you decide whether or not the language is right for you.
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Python 3 today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Python 2Learn the basics of the world's fastest growing and most popular programming language used by software engineers, analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers alike.17 hours
- Skill path
Machine Learning and AI FundamentalsLearn the coding, data science, and math you need to get started as a Machine Learning or AI engineer.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate39 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- DevOps2,934,450 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Data Engineering3,538,446 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
- AI2,698,449 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.