Learn Python 2
Learn the basics of the world’s fastest growing and most popular programming language used by software engineers, analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers alike.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary17 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Python is a general-purpose, versatile and popular programming language. It’s great as a first language because it is concise and easy to read, and it is also a good language to have in any programmer’s stack as it can be used for everything from web development to software development and scientific applications.
Syllabus20 lessons • 9 projects • 9 quizzes
Projects in this course
Tip CalculatorIn this project, we're going to practice syntax in Python so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? You've done a great job so far on your quest to learn Python. Let's build something to solidify your newfound knowledge.
Python Mad LibsIn this project, we're going to practice inputs and print in Python so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Being able to take inputs and print results is a key part of programming.
Area CalculatorIn this project, we're going to practice functions and conditionals in Python so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Ever wanted to automate your math homework? Time to build something in Python that does just that.
Learn Python 2 course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Python 2 today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Python for ProgrammersAn introduction to the basic syntax and fundamentals of Python for experienced programmers.3 hours
- Free course
Learn Intermediate Java: Input and OutputThis course shows how programmers can code a Java program that considers, interprets, and responds to input and output.1 hour
- Free course
Learn the Command Line: Redirecting Input and OutputLearn to redirect input and output to and from files and programs.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
- IT3,853,835 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.