Learn Ruby on Rails
Learn the basics of building applications with this convenient and powerful web development framework.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites4 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Ruby on Rails:
- Learn Ruby
- Learn the Command Line
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
About this course
As one of the most powerful ways to quickly develop web applications, Ruby on Rails has a high relevance and demand in today’s marketplace. Companies like Airbnb, Fab.com, Hulu, and even Codecademy, have built their products using the Rails framework. Building with Rails also offers a good opportunity to put into practice the other skills you’ve learned so far—from implementing static webpages with HTML and CSS to using programming concepts like object-oriented programming.
Syllabus4 lessons • 8 projects • 4 quizzes
Projects in this course
Learn Ruby on Rails course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Ruby on Rails today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
Exploratory Data Analysis in PythonLearn how to use exploratory data analysis (EDA) techniques in Python to evaluate, summarize, and visualize your data.With Certificate6 hours
- Free course
- Skill path
Master Statistics with PythonLearn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate26 hours
Browse more topics
- Ruby446,824 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,910,097 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.