Time to completeApprox. 7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn React Native:
- Learn React
About this course
Already have some web development experience but interested in making mobile apps? This course is for you.
With Expo and React Native, you can build a mobile app using React. It uses the same declarative UI paradigm but renders the same native view components created when writing native code. You can write your app once and run it on multiple platforms, like Android, iOS and even web. By reusing prior web development knowledge you can create mobile apps with native UI and device capabilities. It also speeds up development by reusing most of the same code. But, to get from idea to app on all platforms, basic knowledge of native platforms is required.
Syllabus5 lessons • 3 projects • 4 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Make an Instagram App (Part One)Create a signup system for Woofstagram (aka Instagram for dogs) using React Native.
Make an Instagram App (Part Two)Add visual and structural components to the home screen of Woofstagram (aka Instagram for dogs) using React Native.
Make an Instagram App (Part Three)Set up a navigational structure for Woofstagram (aka Instagram for dogs) using React Native.
Learn React Native course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
React Developer ToolsUse React Developer Tools to debug your React applications.
Creating a React AppUse create-react-app to easily create a React application on your own computer.
How to Distribute and Publish Your AppLearn how to send your App out for testing, and how to submit it for App Store review.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
- Free course
Learn React: Additional BasicsTake your React skills to the next level by learning how to apply styles and use forms to get user input.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Skill path
Browse more topics
- Mobile Development1,807,245 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,358 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,948 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,398 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,632,034 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,737 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,707 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.