Learn Recursion with Python
Recursion gives you a new perspective on problem-solving by defining a problem in terms of itself.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Recursion with Python:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
Recursion gives you a new perspective on problem-solving by defining a problem in terms of itself. This mind-bending concept unlocks new strategies for reducing difficult tasks into a few lines of code. The best part is recursion is a concept which can be used in almost any programming language!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Recursion with Python today!
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with PythonLearn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Python.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate25 hours
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with PythonLearn what data structures and algorithms are, why they are useful, and how you can use them effectively in Python.With Certificate26 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Algorithms and Linear Data Structures in SwiftLearn about the fundamental data structures of computer science and implement them in the Swift programming language.4 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,921,246 learners enrolled
- IT3,878,047 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.