Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn CSS: Responsive Design:
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
About this course
Continue your CSS learning journey with Learn CSS: Responsive Design. As a website developer, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your websites remain legible and visually appealing across a variety of devices. You can also increase the accessibility of your website by using responsive design techniques.
Skills you'll gain
Use relative sizing units
Implement media queries
Scale websites across devices
Learn Responsive Design
Learn responsive design techniques, like relative sizing units and media queries, to create websites viewable on devices of all sizes.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Learn CSS: Responsive Design course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Consider Design While You Build5 Steps to leverage design practices and tools while you build websites
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Build a Website with HTML, CSS, and GitHub PagesLearn the basics of web development to build your own website.Includes 9 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly16 hours
Software Design PrinciplesStart designing more complex systems with techniques such as design patterns, SOLID principles, and UML.With CertificateIntermediate1 hour
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.Beginner Friendly2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,600,143 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,557,502 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.