Learn CSS: Responsive Design
Create websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn CSS: Responsive Design:
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
About this course
Continue your CSS learning journey with Learn CSS: Responsive Design. As a website developer, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your websites remain legible and visually appealing across a variety of devices. You can also increase the accessibility of your website by using responsive design techniques.
Skills you'll gain
Use relative sizing units
Implement media queries
Scale websites across devices
Learn Responsive Design
Learn responsive design techniques, like relative sizing units and media queries, to create websites viewable on devices of all sizes.
Projects in this course
Learn CSS: Responsive Design course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn CSS: Responsive Design today!
Looking for something else?
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Consider Design While You Build5 Steps to leverage design practices and tools while you build websites
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Build a Website with HTML, CSS, and GitHub PagesLearn the basics of web development to build your own website.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Software Design PrinciplesStart designing more complex systems with techniques such as design patterns, SOLID principles, and UML.With Certificate1 hour
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,884,362 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,733,483 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,696,258 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,227,896 learners enrolled
- For Business9,758,468 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,453,026 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,795,444 learners enrolled
- Python4,539,400 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,105,409 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.