Time to completeApprox. 7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Sass:
- Learn CSS
About this course
Sass is an easy-to-use styling language that helps reduce a lot of the repetition and maintainability challenges of traditional CSS. Learning Sass will not only let you scale styles when working on big web development projects, it will also make it much faster and more efficient to write reusable styles from scratch for smaller projects.
Syllabus4 lessons • 4 projects • 4 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Refactor CSS to SCSSTransition a CSS codebase to embrace clean and organized SCSS.
Sassy Parallax BannerIn this project, we're going to practice parallax scrolling in Sass so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Parallax scrolling is a popular method used on many landing pages to give them a professional feel.
Sass Bar ChartIt's time to build fluency in a CSS preprocessor. In this next Pro Project, we're going to practice charts in Sass so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Sass is a powerful tool that allows you to build awesome visualizations with pure styling. What's next? Top 10 produce, charts without code, more Sass. You got this!
Learn Sass course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Sass: Best PracticesLearn best practices for setting up file structure, importing stylings, and writing scalable Sass.Intermediate< 1 hour
- Free course
Learn Sass: Mixins and Parent SelectorUse mixins to add more flexibility to your styles and expand stylings with the & selector.Intermediate1 hour
- Free course
Learn Sass: Functions and OperationsLearn how to incorporate functions, loops, operators, and conditionals in Sass.Intermediate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,631,913 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,602,539 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,559,913 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,337 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,917 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,361 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,638 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,646 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.