Learn how to build an API using the Spring framework and Java programming language.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary5 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Spring:
- Learn Java
About this course
If you want to build reliable web APIs, expand your Java knowledge, and develop market-ready skills, Spring is your framework. The Spring framework was ranked as one of the most popular Java frameworks by sources like HackerRank and Snyk. This course focuses on building APIs (application programming interfaces), but Spring can be used to build much more, including cloud services, front-end web apps, and microservices.
Syllabus4 lessons • 2 projects • 4 quizzes
Learn Spring course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Spring today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Spring: Fundamentals and ControllersGet started on learning how to use Java to work with the Spring framework.3 hours
- Skill path
Create REST APIs with Spring and JavaBy the end of this Skill Path, you will have created your very own API using the Spring framework and Java language.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate20 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Back-End ProgrammingExplore the building blocks of back-end web architecture and server-side components.< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Java1,714,331 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.