Time to completeApprox. 8 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Information is all around us. You can put it to use by learning SQL basics. Used in data science, analytics, and engineering, SQL makes it easy to work with data and make more informed strategy, operations, and business decisions. It’s a helpful skill for anyone who works with data (even in non-tech roles). In this SQL course, you’ll learn how to manage large datasets and analyze real data.
Skills you'll gain
Work with databases using SQL
Create queries for tables
Build SQL projects
Syllabus4 lessons • 5 projects • 4 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Create a TableBuild fluency in SQL manipulation. We're going to practice creating tables in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world.
New York RestaurantsPractice writing the most common types of queries.
Trends in StartupsIn this next Pro project, we're going to practice aggregate functions in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Using these functions will combine row values together and return a single result. What's next? It's your first day as a TechCrunch reporter and you need SQL! You got this!
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice projectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of completionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Talia C3 days agoneed more practice problems to practice joins
- valensia s4 days agoWas really good experience, i just still confused sometimes cus i get frustrated can't download the software to do independent project on my own
- Mark Betonio4 days agoCurrent using the free courses as a way to see if I remember some skills I haven't used and if I'm still interested in using these skills
- Filip S6 days agoThis is a very attractive and valuable course
- Aishu Ani6 days agoSQL beginner is really helpfully
- Bri G6 days agoI came here with beginner knowledge of sql but this has really built my confidence in coding and understanding it better.
Frequently asked questions about SQL
SQL (Structured Query Language) is a programming language used to manage data stored in relational databases, which store structured data in tables. Its syntax is easy to read, so it’s easy to pick up on even if you’re completely new to programming, and it’s even useful for non-technical careers.