Learn Statistics with Python
Learn how to calculate and interpret several descriptive statistics using the Python library NumPy.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Statistics is a tool used to communicate our understanding of data. It helps us understand the world better, make assertions, and communicate our confidence in the statements we are making.
Syllabus11 lessons • 6 projects • 6 quizzes
Projects in this course
Central Tendency for Housing DataIn this project, you will use your knowledge of mean, median and mode to make conclusions about three boroughs in New York City: Manhattan, New York City, and Queens.
Variance in WeatherFind the best time to visit London by examining weather data.
Traveling to AcadiaUse histograms to find the best time of year to visit Acadia, Maine.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Statistics with Python today!
Looking for something else?
NormalizationThis article describes why normalization is necessary. It also demonstrates the pros and cons of min-max normalization and z-score normalization.
The Machine Learning ProcessLearn the general structure of how to approach Machine Learning problems in a methodical way.
Exploratory Data Analysis: Data VisualizationLearn to explore a dataset by visualizing the data.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn RLearn how to code and clean and manipulate data for analysis and visualization with the R programming language.14 hours
- Free course
Statistics: Variance and Standard DeviationLearn how to calculate, interpret, and report the variance and standard deviation1 hour
- Free course
Statistics: Mean, Median, ModeGet started with the most popular summary statistics: mean, median, and mode.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- IT3,844,437 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.