Learn Swift: Optionals
Learn how to define functions and handle values that might be absent using optionals in Swift.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your Swift learning journey with Learn Swift: Optionals. Sometimes when we work with data, we find that information is missing. Handle values that might be absent by learning how to use optionals.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Swift: Optionals today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with SwiftLearn how to use data structures and algorithms in Swift to ace a technical interview.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate10 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Non-linear Data Structures in SwiftLearn about more complex data structures and implement them in the Swift programming language.3 hours
- Career path
iOS DeveloperLearn how to use Swift and SwiftUI to build iOS applications.Includes 26 CoursesWith Certificate35 hours
Browse more topics
- Swift184,321 learners enrolled
- Mobile Development1,871,654 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.