Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your Swift learning journey with Learn Swift: Protocols and Generics. Write powerful functions, structs, classes, and enums that work with many different types by learning how to use protocols and generics.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Intermediate Java: Generics and CollectionsDive into generics and Collections in Java and see how they can help you write more advanced code.Intermediate3 hours
- Skill path
Build an Intermediate iOS App with SwiftUILearn how to use Swift and SwiftUI to build more complex iOS apps that can store present data.Includes 4 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate8 hours
- Career path
iOS DeveloperLearn how to use Swift and SwiftUI to build iOS applications.Includes 26 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly35 hours
Browse more topics
- Swift175,726 learners enrolled
- Mobile Development1,807,219 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,337 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,917 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,361 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,913 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,638 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,646 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.