Learn the Basics of Android
Get started developing Android Apps! Get to know the Android programming environment and skills needed to build basic Android apps
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn the Basics of Android:
- Learn Java
About this course
The use of mobile devices is increasing every year. Meet the operating system that powers nearly 90% of these devices—Android.
Learn the Basics of Android course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn the Basics of Android today!
Looking for something else?
Installing Android Studio on Windows for FlutterIn this article, we will download and install Android Studio on Windows. Then we will configure the Android Studio Flutter plugins.
Installing Android Studio on MacOS for FlutterIn this article, we will download and install Android Studio. Then we will configure the Android Studio Flutter plugins.
Configuring Android Devices for FlutterThis article describes how to set up different emulated and physical devices in Android Studio.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Intro to FlutterThis course will introduce learners to the Flutter framework with interactive lessons on basic app components.1 hour
- Career path
Full-Stack EngineerA full-stack engineer can get a project done from start to finish, back-end to front-end.Includes 51 CoursesWith Professional Certification150 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Mobile Development1,871,654 learners enrolled
- Java1,714,331 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.