Learn the Basics of Causal Inference with R
Learn how to use causal inference to figure out how different variables influence your results.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn the Basics of Causal Inference with R:
- R for Programmers
About this course
You hear it all the time: “correlation is not causation.” By taking this course, you’ll find out what causation really is. Find out why things happen using causal methods, such as matching and weighting, instrumental variables, and difference in differences.
Syllabus5 lessons • 3 projects • 4 quizzes
Projects in this course
Impact of Cover Crops on Wheat Crop YieldsIn this project, you will use inverse probability of treatment weighting (IPTW) to estimate the causal effect of cover crop usage on wheat crop yields.
Effect of Emergency Weather Systems on Transit TimesApply regression discontinuity design (RDD) to estimate the causal effect of a snow emergency system on average commuting time in a fictitious city.
Enhanced Recovery After SurgeryAnalyze the effect of a surgical recovery plan on patient outcomes using the Difference in Differences (DID) technique in R.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn the Basics of Causal Inference with R today!
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Regression AnalysisThis article is a brief introduction to the formal theory (otherwise known as Math) behind regression analysis.
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Difference in Differences for Causal InferenceLearn how to use the difference in differences method to estimate effects by analyzing trends over time.1 hour
- Free course
Matching and Weighting Methods for Causal InferenceUse matching, weighting, propensity scores, and stratification to prepare data for causal analysis.2 hours
- Free course
Regression Discontinuity Design and Instrumental VariablesMimic experiments with the data you already have and measure the effects of treatment even with incomplete data.2 hours
Browse more topics
- R325,246 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Math87,754 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.