Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your TypeScript learning journey with Learn TypeScript: Complex Types. You’ll learn to apply types to more complex data structures like arrays and objects. You’ll also learn to define custom types and give convenient names to your types using type aliases.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Restaurant OrdersLet’s come back to the restaurant recommender. The restaurant managers gave feedback on the app that they were looking for additional functionality to filter orders so they can highlight their specials on the app. We’re going to build on top of the previous project to filter orders instead of restaurants. The restaurant managers want to highlight dishes in a particular price range and show the cost of each dish. The program will use array methods, functions, and practice good code hygiene and organization. Let’s work on it step by step and enjoy some chicken and waffles at the end!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
The tsconfig.json FileLet's explore what the tsconfig.json file is for.
ArraysLike vectors, the array is a data structure used in C++ to store a sequential collection of elements. Unlike vectors, its size cannot be changed.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Intermediate TypeScriptLearn how to set up TypeScript for use in VSCode on your local computer — including global and project-specific installations.With CertificateIntermediate< 1 hour
- Free course
Learn TypeScript: Object TypesLearn how to define property names, represent complex object shapes, and write more organized code in TypeScript.Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,728,722 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.