Build real-time applications like chatrooms and multiplayer games with WebSockets!
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn WebSockets:
- Learn Node.js
About this course
WebSockets is a powerful communication protocol that allows for bidirectional and continuous communication between a server and its clients. Whereas basic HTTP connections are used to build static websites, WebSockets power real-time applications such as browser-based chatrooms, live sports trackers, multiplayer video games, and much more!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn WebSockets today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
Learn Build ToolsStart creating your own professional web applications using build tools such as Webpack, esbuild, Parcel, and Vite.With Certificate2 hours
- Skill path
Build Python Web Apps with FlaskLearn how to code in Python, design and access databases, create interactive web applications, and share your apps with the world.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate30 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: FundamentalsBuild your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,866,681 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,203,630 learners enrolled
- For Business9,742,542 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,428,543 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,776,999 learners enrolled
- Python4,524,255 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,090,313 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,890,229 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.