Linear Regression in Python
Learn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python.
4,970 learners enrolled
Time to completeApprox. 7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this course, you’ll learn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python. This is useful for research questions such as:
- Can I predict how much a customer will spend at a store based on attributes such as age, income, and location?
- What is the relationship between a person’s income and other attributes such as education level and years of experience?
This course requires some prior experience with Python, including experience with Pandas and basic data manipulation, summary statistics, and hypothesis testing.
Syllabus4 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Linear Regression at CodecademyHelp us understand quiz performance on Codecademy using linear regression.
Algerian Forest FiresIn this project, you will explore data on Algerian forests and run multiple linear regression models using variables including temperature, humidity, and fire risk.
Craigslist AnalysisCompare linear regression models to predict housing prices on Craigslist.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.