Linear Regression in Python
Learn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this course, you’ll learn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python. This is useful for research questions such as:
- Can I predict how much a customer will spend at a store based on attributes such as age, income, and location?
- What is the relationship between a person’s income and other attributes such as education level and years of experience?
This course requires some prior experience with Python, including experience with Pandas and basic data manipulation, summary statistics, and hypothesis testing.
Syllabus4 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Linear Regression at CodecademyHelp us understand quiz performance on Codecademy using linear regression.
Algerian Forest FiresIn this project, you will explore data on Algerian forests and run multiple linear regression models using variables including temperature, humidity, and fire risk.
Craigslist AnalysisCompare linear regression models to predict housing prices on Craigslist.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Linear Regression in Python today!
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Regression AnalysisThis article is a brief introduction to the formal theory (otherwise known as Math) behind regression analysis.
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Log Transformations (And More)Learn when to use a log transformation of the dependent variable of your linear regression and how to interpret the resulting regression equation.
Related courses and paths
Learn Linear Regression with RLearn about the difference between simple linear regression and multiple linear regression in RWith Certificate3 hours
- Free course
Multiple Linear RegressionLearn how to build and interpret linear regression models with more than one predictor variable.3 hours
- Free course
How to Choose a Linear Regression ModelLearn about the differences between different regression models and how to decide which one to use.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Math87,438 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.