Machine Learning: K-Nearest Neighbors
Sharpen your machine learning skills by learning how to prepare, implement, and assess the K-Nearest Neighbors algorithm.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your Machine Learning journey with Machine Learning: K-Nearest Neighbors (KNN). Learn how to classify unknown data points based on their similarity to other, known, data points. Use distance and proximity to validate your predictions, and get started with classification techniques.
Skills you'll gain
Prepare data for a KNN model
Explain distance and proximity
Implement and assess a KNN model
Classification: K-Nearest Neighbors
K-Nearest Neighbors is a supervised machine learning algorithm for classification. You will implement and test this algorithm on several datasets.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Machine Learning: K-Nearest Neighbors today!
Looking for something else?
Training Set vs Validation Set vs Test SetThis article teaches the importance of splitting a data set into training, validation and test sets.
Regression vs. ClassificationLearn about the two types of Supervised Learning algorithms.
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Learn Machine LearningLearn the basics of machine learning to train your own models.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Deep Learning with TensorFlow: ClassificationBuild deep learning models to classify data.2 hours
- Career path
Machine Learning/AI EngineerMachine Learning/AI Engineers build end-to-end ML applications and power many of the apps we use every day. They work in Python, Git, & ML.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate45 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,017,815 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,899,068 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.