Intro to Machine Learning
Explore linear regression, multiple linear regression, classification, and more in this introduction to the basics of Machine Learning.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary15 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Intro to Machine Learning:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
Machine learning, the field of computer science that gives computer systems the ability to learn from data, is one of the hottest topics in computer science.
Machine learning is transforming the world: from spam filtering in social networks to computer vision for self-driving cars, the potential applications of machine learning are vast.
Syllabus13 lessons • 8 projects • 9 quizzes
Projects in this course
Honey ProductionFit a line to data about the honeybee population decline in the United States.
Cancer ClassifierClassify tumors as either malignant or benign using K-Nearest Neighbors.
Predict Titanic SurvivalIn this project you will use a Logistic Regression model to predict whether or not a passenger survived the sinking of the RMS Titanic.
Intro to Machine Learning course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Intro to Machine Learning
Machine learning combines computer science, artificial intelligence, and statistics to quickly process large volumes of data and teach systems how to recognize patterns in data sets. It has a wide range of applications, from guiding decision-making to building chatbots and self-driving cars.
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to Machine Learning today!
Looking for something else?
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Regression vs. ClassificationLearn about the two types of Supervised Learning algorithms.
Introduction to Regression AnalysisThis article is a brief introduction to the formal theory (otherwise known as Math) behind regression analysis.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Learn Machine LearningLearn the basics of machine learning to train your own models.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Learn Linear Regression with RLearn about the difference between simple linear regression and multiple linear regression in RWith Certificate3 hours
- Free course
Linear Regression in PythonLearn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python.6 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,017,337 learners enrolled
- AI2,698,449 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.