How to Make a Website with NameCheap
Explore HTML & CSS fundamentals as you build a website in this introductory web development course.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Everything you see on a website is a result of the combination of HTML and CSS. With these two languages, you will have the skills you need to bring your website design to life. Jumpstart that vision by using Bootstrap, a popular library that allows you to create beautiful, responsive pages with very little time and experience.
Syllabus5 lessons • 5 projects • 4 quizzes
Projects in this course
Common Cents PartyBuild two webpages for an up-and-coming band using fundamental HTML elements.
Cupful CafeUse CSS properties such as font-family, color and background-image to style Cupful Cafe's new homepage.
Amazing SpaceEnhance the CSS layout for a space adventure company's homepage.
How to Make a Website with NameCheap course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about How to Make a Website with NameCheap
Building a website is almost like building a house. HTML is used to create the structure — the scaffolding, walls, windows, etc — and CSS adds the decoration that makes everything look nice. Once the house is done, it needs an address (the domain name and hosting service); and there are also tools you can use to customize pre-built houses.
Join over 50 million learners and start How to Make a Website with NameCheap today!
Looking for something else?
How to Showcase your Data Science SkillsAnd start building your data science portfolio.
Deploying a Static Site with NetlifyLearn how to easily deploy a static site through Netlify's GitHub integration.
Consider Design While You Build5 Steps to leverage design practices and tools while you build websites
Related courses and paths
How to Deploy a WebsiteLearn how to publish a website to the Internet with Jekyll, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and GitHub Pages.With Certificate1 hour
- Free course
Introduction to Personal Digital SecurityHackers and cyber threats are a fact of today's modern, digital world. Everyone needs to be able to protect themselves from these threats.1 hour
- Skill path
Build a Website with HTML, CSS, and GitHub PagesLearn the basics of web development to build your own website.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,731,568 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,694,282 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.