Matching and Weighting Methods for Causal Inference
Use matching, weighting, propensity scores, and stratification to prepare data for causal analysis.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
One of the biggest challenges data scientists face is having sparse data to answer your question. This course will introduce you to some of the most common techniques for balancing data into treatment and control groups, estimating treatment effects, and making the most of the data that you do have.
Matching and Weighting Methods
Learn about matching and weighting methods including stratification and propensity scores!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Matching and Weighting Methods for Causal Inference today!
Looking for something else?
Wix Built-in Methods and FunctionsUse Wix's built-in methods and functions to add interactive functionality to your website
Write a Cover Letter with ChatGPTLearn step-by-step strategies for leveraging AI in creating personalized, engaging cover letters that stand out to employers
Black Box ProgrammingLearn some best practices for writing methods.
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Data Scientist: Inference SpecialistInference Data Scientists run A/B tests, do root-cause analysis, and conduct experiments. They use Python, SQL, and R to analyze data.Includes 24 CoursesWith Certificate85 hours
- Free course
Potential Outcomes Framework for Causal InferenceUse the Potential Outcomes Framework to estimate what we cannot measure.1 hour
- Free course
Learn C#: MethodsLearn to call and create methods: a fundamental building block in C# development.3 hours
Browse more topics
- R325,014 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,899,068 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.