Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
From your virtual assistant recommending a restaurant to that terrible autocorrect you sent your parents, natural language processing (NLP) is a rapidly growing presence in our lives. NLP is all about how computers work with human language. Don’t just use NLP tools — make them!
Skills you'll gain
Use basic text pre-processing techniques
Gain familiarity with various types of language models
Use topic modeling to understand a text
Getting Started with Natural Language Processing
Delve into the exciting world of Natural Language Processing (NLP) with this overview of major topics in the field.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Getting Started with Natural Language Processing course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Getting Started with Natural Language Processing today!Start
Looking for something else?
Data Science ApplicationsRead about the different projects you can do with data science!
Long Short Term Memory NetworksLong short-term memory networks (LSTMs) are often used in deep learning programs for natural language processing.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Build Chatbots with PythonBuild rules-based and generative AI chatbots with PythonIncludes 6 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly30 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Natural Language Processing SpecialistNLP Data Scientists find meaning in language, analyze text and speech, and create chatbots. They use Python, SQL, & NLP to answer questions.Includes 31 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly100 hours
- Free course
Choosing a Programming LanguageThis course will introduce learners to factors to consider when picking a first language as well as describe some popular options.Beginner Friendly< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,370,646 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,638 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning963,936 learners enrolled
- AI2,567,141 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,337 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,917 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,361 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,913 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.