Analyze Data with Python
Learn to analyze and visualize data using Python and statistics.
Includes Python, NumPy, SciPy, MatPlotLib, Jupyter Notebook, and more.
Time to complete6 weeks
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
Data is everywhere, and more companies than ever are tracking and analyzing data to inform their decisions. In this Skill Path, you will learn to analyze data statistically and create meaningful data visualizations. You will use industry standard Python libraries including MatPlotLib, NumPy and SciPy. Along the way, you will apply these skills to real-world cases and build your data portfolio.
Skills you'll gain
- Describe datasets statistically
- Communicate insights visually
- Test hypotheses for significance
- Run A/B tests from start to finish
Syllabus7 units • 14 lessons • 11 projects • 10 quizzes
Welcome to the Analyze Data with Python Skill Path
Get started with the Analyze Data with Python Skill Path.
NumPy: A Python Library for Statistics
Learn about NumPy, a Python library used to store arrays of numbers, organize large amounts of data, and perform statistical calculations.
Data Visualization with Matplotlib
Make effective, customized data visualizations in Python with Matplotlib.
Statistics for Data Analysis
Learn how to calculate and interpret several descriptive statistics using the Python library NumPy.
Hypothesis Testing with SciPy
Learn SciPy, a Python module for comparative statistics, in order to perform many different statistical tests in code.
Analyze Data with Python Portfolio Project
Create a data analysis project for your portfolio.
Analyze Data with Python Next Steps
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this skill path
Betty's BakeryHelp Betty figure out how much she needs to buy using NumPy arrays describing her recipes.
Election ResultsSee how survey responses compare to actual election results using binomial distributions.
CrunchieMunchiesUse NumPy to solve statistical questions about a cereal dataset.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Analyze Data with Python with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Visualize Data with PythonLearn to make effective data visualizations in Python with Matplotlib and Seaborn.Includes 5 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly6 hours
- Free course
Learn Statistics with RLearn how to implement statistical models and run hypothesis tests in R.Intermediate4 hours
Hypothesis Testing with PythonLearn how to plan, implement, and interpret different kinds of hypothesis tests in Python.With CertificateIntermediate6 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,368,657 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,574,259 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization430,871 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,731,593 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,504,472 learners enrolled
- For Business9,518,168 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,145,442 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,629,762 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,950,424 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.