Analyze Data with SQL
Learn to analyze data with SQL and prepare for technical interviews.
Includes SQL, Data Science, Command Line, SQLite, Databases, Queries, Tables, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary16 hours
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
All companies use data now, and most of it is stored in databases. In this Skill Path, you will use SQL queries to create databases, pull data from databases, and analyze the results. You will practice your skills with real-world marketing and user analysis case studies, and prepare for technical interviews. Interested in a career as a data analyst? This Skill Path is the perfect place to start.
Skills you'll gain
- Read and write databases with SQL
- Turn raw data into actionable insights
- Compute standard business metrics
Syllabus8 units • 15 lessons • 18 projects • 5 quizzes
Getting Started with SQL
Learn the basics of SQL databases and build your own.
Writing Basic Queries
Write your own queries to access data and apply your SQL knowledge to complete real-world projects.
Increase the number of tools in your SQL toolset by learning about aggregates, then apply them to datasets to discover new insights.
Joining Multiple Tables
Expand your abilities by joining multiple sources of data.
Set up a SQL database on your own computer and practice the commands you’ve learned.
Analyze Real Data with SQL
Combine everything that you learned to solve real business problems.
Dive into the more advanced SQL topics like window functions, math functions, and date functions.
Projects in this skill path
Create a TableBuild fluency in SQL manipulation. We're going to practice creating tables in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world.
New York RestaurantsPractice writing the most common types of queries.
RPA Fraud DetectionReputable Product Agency (RPA) has started receiving complaints from their credit card processor about fraudulent transactions. Help your finance department identify potentially risky transactions before they finish processing.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Analyze Data with SQL with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
What is a Relational Database Management System?Learn about RDBMS and the language used to access large datasets – SQL.
Common SQL Interview QuestionsPractice with some common SQL interview questions.
Running SQL commands in DB BrowserLearn how to use DB Browser to interact with SQLite databases
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn SQLIn this SQL course, you'll learn how to manage large datasets and analyze real data using the standard data management language.5 hours
- Free course
Learn SQL: Aggregate FunctionsPerform calculations inside SQL queries to answer specific data questions.1 hour
- Free course
Learn SQL: Multiple TablesCombine data stored across multiple tables using joins, unions, and temporary tables.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- SQL1,613,351 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,921,246 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.