Build Python Web Apps with Flask
Learn how to code in Python, design and access databases, create interactive web applications, and share your apps with the world.
Includes Python, Flask, Web Apps, Back-End, SQL, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary30 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Build Python Web Apps with Flask:
- Learn HTML
About this skill path
Python is a powerful, general-purpose programming language used by scientific researchers, software engineers, data scientists, and more. In this path, you will learn how to code in Python, design and access databases, create interactive web applications with Flask, and share your apps with the world.
Skills you'll gain
- Build a back-end for interactive web apps
- Connect Flask web apps to databases
- Manage user accounts and authentication
Syllabus8 units • 20 lessons • 15 projects • 18 quizzes
Introduction to Python
Learn the basics of Python, one of the world’s most popular and powerful programming languages.
Introduction to Python Data Structures and Loops
Dive deeper into the world of Python by learning about data structures and the power of looping.
Introduction to the Web
Learn the foundations of web development!
Introduction to Flask
Learn how to create your own Flask application and add functionality with templates and forms.
Introduction to SQL and Databases for Back-End Web Apps
Dive into the world of databases and SQL to add data storage capabilities to your web apps.
Advanced Flask Functionality
Add advanced functionality like personalization and security to Flask apps using accounts and authentication.
Deploying an Application
Learn how to deploy your own Flask application so you can share your app with the world!
Projects in this skill path
Receipts for Lovely LoveseatsKeep receipts for your lovely loveseats. Programming is a treat with this sweet suite of feats! Use strings and numbers to save a catalog of furniture, then perform concatenation and math calculations to create a receipt.
Getting Ready for Physics ClassLet's prepare to teach physics by writing some Python functions.
Magic 8-BallWe’ve learned about and explored a powerful tool in Python — control flow! It’s so powerful, in fact, that it can be used to tell someone’s fortune.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Build Python Web Apps with Flask with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Flask: FundamentalsBuild your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: DatabasesCreate persistent Flask apps by learning how to set up a database and create, read, update, and delete data in the database.3 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: Jinja2 Templates and FormsInject Python into HTML using templates and collect user data with forms.4 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,910,097 learners enrolled
- IT3,867,128 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.