Build Python Web Apps with Django
Django is an open-source Python web development framework that allows you to quickly create web apps using the plethora of tools provided.
Includes Python, Web Development, Web Apps, Frameworks, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary13 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Build Python Web Apps with Django:
- Learn Python 3
About this skill path
Django is written in Python and provides an opinionated approach to web development meaning you’ll know how projects are structured and you’ll have a general set of guidelines for how to bring your apps to life. Django comes with a lot of tools already provided, so you can pick and choose what you need to get the job done.
Skills you'll gain
- Apply Python skills for web development
- Build full-stack web applications
- Deploy a Django app to the web
Syllabus9 units • 8 lessons • 6 projects • 7 quizzes
Introduction to the Web
Come get an overview of the underlying technologies you’ll build on top of in your Django app!
Introduction to Django
Get an overview of Web Apps, the front-end and back-end, HTTP requests, and Django incorporates these concepts into a single framework.
Templates in Django
Learn how Django’s templates and template language (DTL) make it a breeze to incorporate logic into HTML and render dynamic pages to users.
Data in Django
Learn how Django implements a database using models and how you can interact with the database with Python code!
Views in Django
Django’s views determine what data from a model gets displayed on a template. Learn how Django makes it easy for developers to set up views.
Forms in Django
Incorporate forms in your Django app to get info from your users.
Accounts and Authentication in Django
CRUD functionality is now easier with an admin account! Also, learn to safeguard the rest of your app by having your users create accounts.
Projects in this skill path
Fortune TellerIn this project, we will build a Fortune Telling Django web app using the MTV pattern.
Tourist Attractions with TemplatesHelp create a website that lets users see tourist attractions from each state!
Djaunty Rent-a-BikeUse your knowledge of models and databases to programmatically help the owners of Djaunty Rent-a-Bike build out their rental system!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Build Python Web Apps with Django with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Installing DjangoIn this article, you will learn how to install a virtual environment then install Django in the virtual environment all on your own computer!
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Understanding ApplicationsLearn about what applications are and how to manage them.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Flask: Jinja2 Templates and FormsInject Python into HTML using templates and collect user data with forms.4 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: FundamentalsBuild your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.2 hours
Learn FlaskLearn how to create fully-featured, interactive web applications with Flask, the Python framework.With Certificate11 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,870,187 learners enrolled
- Python4,527,212 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,208,440 learners enrolled
- For Business9,745,904 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,433,466 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,780,681 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,093,219 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,893,495 learners enrolled
- IT3,850,826 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.