Create a Front-End App with React
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary36 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Create a Front-End App with React:
- Basic HTML
About this skill path
Skills you'll gain
- Build interactive web apps
- Understand the React library
- Use and call APIs
Syllabus9 units • 24 lessons • 25 projects • 16 quizzes
Introduction to React
Learn JSX, build your first React Components, and start the Ravenous Project.
React: Components Interacting
Create nested components and complete part two of the Ravenous project.
React: Component State
Manage component data with React state, and manage multi-component apps using stateless and stateful components.
Projects in this skill path
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Create a Front-End App with React with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- In progress...
- Skill path
Create an Advanced Web App with React and ReduxLearn how to build advanced web applications with React and Redux.Includes 6 CoursesWith Certificate22 hours
- Free course
Learn React: State ManagementManage states using programming patterns for mixing components with and without states.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.