Learn about the C programming language in this beginner-friendly skill path.
Includes C, C Basics, C Control Flow, and more.
Time to complete2 months
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
The C programming language was first released in 1972, making it one of the oldest still used today. All modern operating systems are implemented with C code, which means that the C language powers almost every technological experience we have. Python’s interpreter is also written in C. Get started learning C fundamentals to become a better programmer in any field of computer science.
Skills you'll gain
- Learn key programming concepts
- Write your own C programs
- Use pointers to work with memory
- Create custom functions and structures
Syllabus6 units • 10 lessons • 8 projects • 9 quizzes
Welcome to the Learn C Skill Path
Welcome to the Learn C Skill Path!
Get started with the C language and learn about variables and operators.
C Control Flow
Learn about various types of conditionals, loops, and errors in C.
Going Further with C
Learn about arrays, char arrays (or strings), pointers, and memory management in C.
Functions and Structures in C
Learn about functions and structures in C and build and manipulate ones of your own.
Learn C Next Steps
What comes next?
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this skill path
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Learn C
Looking for something else?
- Skill path
- Skill path