Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist
Data Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.
Includes Python 3, SQL, pandas, scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Tableau, Excel, and more.
Time to complete28 Weeks
About this career path
Companies are looking for Data Scientists who can manage data, get results, and drive decision-making. Analytics is all about using data to answer questions, and this Career Path will teach you just that. You’ll learn how to analyze data, build dashboards, and deliver impactful reports. Along the way, you’ll build portfolio-worthy projects that will help you get job-ready.
Syllabus22 units • 69 lessons • 57 projects • 47 quizzes
Welcome to the Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist Career Path
Discover what you will learn on your journey to becoming a Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist!
Principles of Data Literacy
Discover the world of data in this fully conceptual course where you will learn how to think about, visualize, and analyze data.
Learn SQL — a popular language that’s used for communicating with databases and working with data.
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part I)
Build a foundation in programming with Python with a focus on Data Science!
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part II)
Continue building your Python Skills while applying them to real data science challenges including finding and working with real data.
Portfolio Project: U.S. Medical Insurance
Use your understanding of Python syntax to sort and analyze data about U.S. medical insurance costs!
Python Pandas for Data Science
Learn how to use the Python pandas library and lambda functions for Data Science.
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this career path
Create a TableBuild fluency in SQL manipulation. We're going to practice creating tables in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world.
New York RestaurantsPractice writing the most common types of queries.
Trends in StartupsIn this project, we're going to practice aggregate functions in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Using these functions will combine row values together and return a single result.
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
What's included in career paths
- AssessmentsTest specific skills needed for top tech careers.
- Professional certificationsProve your expertise to yourself and prospective employers.
- Technical interview prepPractice for the interview with common questions and real coding challenges.
- Career servicesExplore career options and connect with employers that are hiring for in-demand jobs.
Start your new career faster
Learn the skillsThis expertly curated career path gives you all the knowledge and experience you need to start this career.
Prep for interviewsAssess if you're ready to apply for jobs, then build your confidence with code challenges and practice questions.
Get hiredShowcase your skills with a Codecademy professional certification and connect with employers directly.
Career paths teach you exactly what you need to start a new career. Curated by our team of experts, career paths contain a collection of courses, projects, prep for technical interviews, and more. By the end, you’ll be ready to start interviewing for entry-level jobs in the career of your choice.
Looking for something else?
- Skill path
Master Statistics with PythonLearn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.Includes 9 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate31 Lessons
- Skill path
Learn Machine LearningLearn the basics of machine learning to train your own models.Includes 7 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly12 Lessons