Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist
Data Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.
Includes Python 3, SQL, pandas, scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Tableau, Excel, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary70 hours
About this career path
Companies are looking for Data Scientists who can manage data, get results, and drive decision-making. Analytics is all about using data to answer questions, and this Career Path will teach you just that. You’ll learn how to analyze data, build dashboards, and deliver impactful reports. Along the way, you’ll build portfolio-worthy projects that will help you get job-ready.
Syllabus22 units • 69 lessons • 57 projects • 47 quizzes
Welcome to the Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist Career Path
Discover what you will learn on your journey to becoming a Data Scientist: Analytics Specialist!
Principles of Data Literacy
Discover the world of data in this fully conceptual course where you will learn how to think about, visualize, and analyze data.
Learn SQL — a popular language that’s used for communicating with databases and working with data.
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part I)
Build a foundation in programming with Python with a focus on Data Science!
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part II)
Continue building your Python Skills while applying them to real data science challenges including finding and working with real data.
Portfolio Project: U.S. Medical Insurance
Use your understanding of Python syntax to sort and analyze data about U.S. medical insurance costs!
Python Pandas for Data Science
Learn how to use the Python pandas library and lambda functions for Data Science.
Projects in this career path
Create a TableBuild fluency in SQL manipulation. We're going to practice creating tables in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world.
New York RestaurantsPractice writing the most common types of queries.
Analyze Hacker News TrendsQuery Hacker News data using SQL to discover trends.
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Career paths teach you exactly what you need to start a new career. Curated by our team of experts, career paths contain a collection of courses, projects, prep for technical interviews, and more. By the end, you’ll be ready to start interviewing for entry-level jobs in the career of your choice.
What's included in career paths
- AssessmentsTest specific skills needed for top tech careers.
- Professional certificationsProve your expertise to yourself and prospective employers.
- Technical interview prepPractice for the interview with common questions and real coding challenges.
- Career servicesExplore career options and connect with employers that are hiring for in-demand jobs.
Start your new career faster
Learn the skillsThis expertly curated career path gives you all the knowledge and experience you need to start this career.
Prep for interviewsAssess if you're ready to apply for jobs, then build your confidence with code challenges and practice questions.
Get hiredShowcase your skills with a Codecademy professional certification and connect with employers directly.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Business Intelligence Data AnalystBI Data Analysts use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and Tableau and Excel to communicate findings.Includes 18 CoursesWith Certificate50 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Inference SpecialistInference Data Scientists run A/B tests, do root-cause analysis, and conduct experiments. They use Python, SQL, and R to analyze data.Includes 24 CoursesWith Certificate85 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- SQL1,602,807 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization455,257 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled