Data Scientist: Machine Learning Specialist
Machine Learning Data Scientists solve problems at scale, make predictions, find patterns, and more! They use Python, SQL, and algorithms.
Includes Python 3, SQL, pandas, scikit-learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, and more.
Time to complete35 weeks
About this career path
Companies are looking for data-driven decision makers, and this Career Path will teach you the skills you need to become just that. You’ll learn to analyze data, communicate your findings, draw predictions with machine learning, and even build neural networks. Along the way, you’ll build portfolio-worthy projects that will help you get job-ready.
Syllabus27 units • 81 lessons • 59 projects • 58 quizzes
Welcome to the Data Scientist: Machine Learning Specialist Career Path
Discover what you will learn on your journey to becoming a Data Scientist: Machine Learning Specialist!
Principles of Data Literacy
Discover the world of data in this fully conceptual course where you will learn how to think about, visualize, and analyze data.
Learn SQL — a popular language that’s used for communicating with databases and working with data.
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part I)
Build a foundation in programming with Python with a focus on Data Science!
Python Fundamentals for Data Science (Part II)
Continue building your Python Skills while applying them to real data science challenges including finding and working with real data.
Portfolio Project: U.S. Medical Insurance
Use your understanding of Python syntax to sort and analyze data about U.S. medical insurance costs!
Python Pandas for Data Science
Learn how to use the Python pandas library and lambda functions for Data Science.
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this career path
Random Forests ProjectUse random forests to predict the income of a person based on census data.
Create a TableBuild fluency in SQL manipulation. We're going to practice creating tables in SQL so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world.
New York RestaurantsPractice writing the most common types of queries.
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
What's included in career paths
- AssessmentsTest specific skills needed for top tech careers.
- Professional certificationsProve your expertise to yourself and prospective employers.
- Technical interview prepPractice for the interview with common questions and real coding challenges.
- Career servicesExplore career options and connect with employers that are hiring for in-demand jobs.
Start your new career faster
Learn the skillsThis expertly curated career path gives you all the knowledge and experience you need to start this career.
Prep for interviewsAssess if you're ready to apply for jobs, then build your confidence with code challenges and practice questions.
Get hiredShowcase your skills with a Codecademy professional certification and connect with employers directly.
Career paths teach you exactly what you need to start a new career. Curated by our team of experts, career paths contain a collection of courses, projects, prep for technical interviews, and more. By the end, you’ll be ready to start interviewing for entry-level jobs in the career of your choice.
Looking for something else?
- Skill path
Apply Natural Language Processing with PythonLearn Python for Natural Language Processing, the field behind chatbots, search engines, and autocorrect.Includes 8 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate8 Lessons
- Skill path
Data Scientist Interview PreparationPrepare for the data science interview process, from navigating job postings to passing the technical interview.Includes 8 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate8 Lessons