Front-End Engineer (2021 Version)
Front-end engineers work closely with designers to make websites beautiful, functional, and fast.
Time to complete6 months
Certificate of completionYes
About this career path
NOTE: This Path contains the syllabus from 2021. For the Path with the updated syllabus, please visit the Catalog.
Syllabus29 units • 119 lessons • 71 projects • 90 quizzes
Introduction to the Front-End Engineer Career Path
Welcome to the Front-End Engineer Career Path!
Web Development Fundamentals
Be introduced to the field of front-end web development and create your first web page on the internet.
Improved Styling with CSS
Dig deeper into CSS and improve your ability to layout and style websites.
Making a Website Responsive
Learn how to create websites that can be viewed on a variety of devices and use different layouts and positioning.
Building Interactive Websites
Projects in this career path
Fashion BlogIt's time to build fluency in HTML Fundamentals. In this next project, we're going to practice Structure in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? This project will help you to understand and master the building blocks of a webpage. It'll all build up from these foundations. What's next? A blogger, a developer, a stylish website. You got this!
Wine Festival ScheduleIn this project, we're going to practice tabular organization in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? If you're going to have data on a webpage, you've got to master the skill of effectively and aesthetically organizing it – an HTML table is the perfect solution.
New York City BlogCreate a blog about New York City using various semantic elements to show off how amazing the Big Apple is!
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Start your new career faster
Learn the skillsThis expertly curated career path gives you all the knowledge and experience you need to start this career.
Prep for interviewsAssess if you're ready to apply for jobs, then build your confidence with code challenges and practice questions.
Get hiredShowcase your skills with a Codecademy professional certification and connect with employers directly.
Looking for something else?
Set Up with Git and GitHubNever fear losing work with this professional versioning system
Bias in Data AnalysisBias is everywhere in data. The key to combatting bias is knowing what to look out for.
How To Install Jupyter Notebook on Mac and WindowsLearn how to install Jupyter Notebook with Conda and pip.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
- Free course
Choosing a Career in TechAre you feeling confused about where to aim for with your career goals? Take this course to learn about different career options!< 1 hour
- Skill path
Code FoundationsStart your programming journey with an introduction to the world of code and basic concepts.Includes 5 CoursesWith Certificate4 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,731,568 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled