A full-stack engineer can get a project done from start to finish, back-end to front-end.
Time to complete6 months
About this career path
A full-stack engineer can get a project done from start to finish. This Career Path will start with the front-end, move on to the back-end, then teach you how to connect the two.
Syllabus51 units • 162 lessons • 97 projects • 141 quizzes
Welcome to the Full-Stack Engineer Path
Welcome to the Full-Stack Engineer Career Path!
Overview of Web Development
Get an overview of the field of web development to understand what you’ll be studying.
Fundamentals of HTML
Learn to build a structure for a website using HTML.
Fundamentals of CSS
Learn how to apply styles to HTML documents using CSS.
Developing Websites Locally
Get acquainted with text editors and Chrome DevTools to develop websites locally.
Learn how to deploy websites using GitHub Pages and the command line.
Improved Styling with CSS
Explore intermediate topics in CSS to customize styles and implement navigation elements.
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this career path
Fashion BlogIt's time to build fluency in HTML Fundamentals. In this next project, we're going to practice Structure in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? This project will help you to understand and master the building blocks of a webpage. It'll all build up from these foundations. What's next? A blogger, a developer, a stylish website. You got this!
Wine Festival ScheduleIn this project, we're going to practice tabular organization in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? If you're going to have data on a webpage, you've got to master the skill of effectively and aesthetically organizing it – an HTML table is the perfect solution.
New York City BlogCreate a blog about New York City using various semantic elements to show off how amazing the Big Apple is!
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Career paths teach you exactly what you need to start a new career. Curated by our team of experts, career paths contain a collection of courses, projects, prep for technical interviews, and more. By the end, you’ll be ready to start interviewing for entry-level jobs in the career of your choice.
What's included in career paths
- AssessmentsTest specific skills needed for top tech careers.
- Professional certificationsProve your expertise to yourself and prospective employers.
- Technical interview prepPractice for the interview with common questions and real coding challenges.
- Career servicesExplore career options and connect with employers that are hiring for in-demand jobs.
Start your new career faster
Learn the skillsThis expertly curated career path gives you all the knowledge and experience you need to start this career.
Prep for interviewsAssess if you're ready to apply for jobs, then build your confidence with code challenges and practice questions.
Get hiredShowcase your skills with a Codecademy professional certification and connect with employers directly.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Front-End EngineerFront-end engineers work closely with designers to make websites beautiful, functional, and fast.Includes 34 CoursesWith Professional CertificationBeginner Friendly115 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Free course
Choosing a Career in TechAre you feeling confused about where to aim for with your career goals? Take this course to learn about different career options!Beginner Friendly< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- SQL1,515,178 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled