Data Scientist Interview Preparation
Prepare for the data science interview process, from navigating job postings to passing the technical interview.
Includes Python, SQL, Interview Prep, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Data Cleaning, Data Visualization, Communication, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
Prepare for the entry-level data science job hunt, from submitting an application to passing a technical interview. This skill path will guide you through navigating job postings, building a portfolio, and preparing for interviews. You will practice answering actual interview questions, solving real-world code challenges, and building whiteboarding skills.
Interview prep skill paths are only available to Pro members.
Skills you'll gain
- Navigate job postings
- Create targeted application materials
- Answer technical interview questions
- Build a well-rounded portfolio
Syllabus8 units • 8 lessons
Welcome to the Data Scientist Interview Preparation Skill Path
Prepare for your data scientist interview, get familiar with common roles, and practice questions to hone your interview skills.
Getting Started with Data Science Interview Prep
Navigate data scientist job descriptions and the data scientist interview process with confidence!
General Data Questions for Data Scientists
Practice answering data scientist interview questions about general data concepts.
Visualization, Communication, and Experimental Design
Practice answering data visualization, communication, and experimental design interview questions for data scientist interviews.
Coding Challenges for Data Scientist Interview Preparation
Prepare for SQL coding challenges and whiteboarding interviews in any programming language (including Python and R).
Machine Learning and Algorithms for Data Science Interviews
Hone your machine learning and algorithms skills and knowledge to prepare for your next data science interview.
Data Scientist Interview Preparation Portfolio Project
Showcase your data science skills with a curated portfolio project.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Data Scientist Interview Preparation with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Acing the Technical InterviewTechnical interviews allow you to showcase your knowledge and skills to prospective employers.
Using ChatGPT to Prepare for a MeetingLeverage ChatGPT to prepare for a professional meeting.
How to Showcase your Data Science SkillsAnd start building your data science portfolio.
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Data Scientist: Machine Learning SpecialistMachine Learning Data Scientists solve problems at scale, make predictions, find patterns, and more! They use Python, SQL, and algorithms.Includes 27 CoursesWith Professional Certification90 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Analytics SpecialistData Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.Includes 22 CoursesWith Professional Certification70 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- SQL1,613,351 learners enrolled
- Interview Prep104,518 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,021,787 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization458,772 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.