Learn Python for Data Science
Get started with Python for Data Science in this beginner-friendly skill path.
Includes Python, pandas, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary15 hours
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
Ready to start your journey into Data Science? This Skill Path covers everything you need to build a solid foundation for analyzing data in Python. You’ll get hands-on practice with real datasets while learning to program and analyze data in Python. Throughout the Skill Path, you’ll be working in Jupyter Notebook, an industry standard platform for interactively developing data analytics.
Skills you'll gain
- Write code in Python and pandas
- Clean, transform, and explore real data
- Summarize data with groupby and pivots
- Use Jupyter Notebook for data analysis
Syllabus5 units • 7 lessons • 6 projects • 6 quizzes
Welcome to the Learn Python for Data Science Skill Path
Get started with the Learn Python for Data Science Skill Path.
Intro to Python for Data Science
Work hands-on with real datasets while learning Python for data science.
Python for Data Science: Working with Data
Learn loops, control flow, and functions while working hands-on to merge, aggregate, and analyze real-world datasets.
Python for Data Science: Portfolio Project
Complete a project for your portfolio that demonstrates your data science skills.
Learn Python for Data Science Next Steps
What comes next?
Projects in this skill path
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Learn Python for Data Science with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Getting Started with Python for Data ScienceWork hands-on with real datasets while learning Python for data science.7 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Analytics SpecialistData Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.Includes 22 CoursesWith Professional Certification70 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- IT3,870,052 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.