Learn Machine Learning
Learn the basics of machine learning to train your own models.
Includes Machine Learning, Data Science, Python 3, Machine Learning Models, Scikit-learn, Regression, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary16 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites3 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Machine Learning:
- Getting Started with Python for Data Science
- Python for Data Science: Working with Data
- Learn Linear Algebra
About this skill path
Machine Learning impacts nearly everything we do, from shopping to healthcare. Whether you want to understand how ML algorithms work in the world around us or train your own models, this Skill Path will get you there. You will learn industry-standard algorithms and libraries while completing real-world projects to practice your skills. Let’s dive into the exciting tools reshaping our world.
Skills you'll gain
- Prepare data with feature engineering
- Train supervised and unsupervised models
- Evaluate model performance
Syllabus7 units • 12 lessons • 9 projects • 10 quizzes
Welcome to the Machine Learning Fundamentals Skill Path!
Introduction to Machine learning
Learn what machine learning is!
Feature Engineering I: Data Transformations
Learn about feature engineering, data transformations and how to prepare your data before fitting machine learning models!
Supervised Learning I : Regressors, Classifiers and Trees
Learn about Supervised Learning algorithms like Linear and Logistic Regression, KNN, and Decision Trees
Feature Engineering II : Feature Selection Methods
Learn about feature selection methods in feature engineering.
Unsupervised Learning Algorithms I
Learn about Unsupervised Learning algorithms, their implementation and where they’re used.
Machine Learning Fundamentals: Final Portfolio
Show off your knowledge of ML fundamentals by developing your final portfolio project on a topic of your choice.
Projects in this skill path
Transforming Data into FeaturesPerform data transformations on a clothing company customer review dataset!
Honey ProductionFit a line to data about the honeybee population decline in the United States.
Tennis AceYou will create a linear regression model that predicts the outcome for a tennis player based on their playing habits. By analyzing and modeling The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) data, you will determine what it takes to be one of the best tennis players in the world.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Learn Machine Learning with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Machine Learning: Introduction with RegressionGet started with machine learning and learn how to build, implement, and evaluate linear regression models.3 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Machine Learning SpecialistMachine Learning Data Scientists solve problems at scale, make predictions, find patterns, and more! They use Python, SQL, and algorithms.Includes 27 CoursesWith Professional Certification90 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,018,567 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.