Master Statistics with Python
Learn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.
Includes Statistics, Experimental Design, Python, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary26 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Master Statistics with Python:
- Getting Started with Python for Data Science
About this skill path
Data scientists use statistics to produce analyses, recommendations, and even machine learning models. In this Skill Path, you will use Python to summarize datasets, investigate correlations, run hypothesis tests, and build regression models.
Skills you'll gain
- Summarize and visualize data
- Run A/B tests
- Build linear regression models
Syllabus9 units • 31 lessons • 21 projects • 19 quizzes
Learn about variable types and how to store them in Python.
Summary Statistics for Quantitative Data
Learn how to summarize quantitative data in Python using summary statistics.
Visualizing a Distribution of Quantitative Data
Learn how to visualize and describe a distribution of quantitative data using histograms, box plots, and quantiles/quartiles.
Summary Statistics for Categorical Data
Learn how to summarize categorical variables in Python using numerical summary statistics.
Visualizing Categorical Data
Learn how to visualize and describe categorical data using bar charts and pie charts.
Associations between Variables
Learn how to investigate whether there is an association between two variables.
Learn the fundamentals of probability by investigating random events.
Projects in this skill path
Census VariablesApply your knowledge of variable types to investigate, clean, and begin to analyze a sample of simulated census data.
Central Tendency for Housing DataIn this project, you will use your knowledge of mean, median and mode to make conclusions about three boroughs in New York City: Manhattan, New York City, and Queens.
Variance in WeatherFind the best time to visit London by examining weather data.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Master Statistics with Python with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Regression AnalysisThis article is a brief introduction to the formal theory (otherwise known as Math) behind regression analysis.
Exploratory Data Analysis: Data VisualizationLearn to explore a dataset by visualizing the data.
How to Select a Meaningful VisualizationThis article will guide you through the process of selecting a graph for a visualization.
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Data Scientist: Inference SpecialistInference Data Scientists run A/B tests, do root-cause analysis, and conduct experiments. They use Python, SQL, and R to analyze data.Includes 24 CoursesWith Certificate85 hours
Hypothesis Testing with PythonLearn how to plan, implement, and interpret different kinds of hypothesis tests in Python.With Certificate6 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,554,617 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,813,954 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,923,548 learners enrolled
- Math88,144 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,251,925 learners enrolled
- For Business9,774,156 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,478,353 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,901,964 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,120,570 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.