Pass the Technical Interview with Java
Learn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Java.
Includes Java, Interview Questions, Data Structures, Big O, Recursion, Sort and Search Algorithms, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary19 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Pass the Technical Interview with Java:
- Learn Java
About this skill path
Once you have a strong foundation in Java, the next step is going pro. In this skill path, we’ll teach you the advanced coding skills you need to land a job — along with tips and tricks that will help you nail the technical interview. Learn about data structures and algorithms and dive into more advanced topics like algorithmic complexity and dynamic programming.
Skills you'll gain
- Pass a technical interview
- Implement data structures in Java
- Create algorithms from scratch
- Write professional-level code
Syllabus8 units • 36 lessons • 35 quizzes
Getting Started With Data Structures
Get started with an overview of data structures, algorithms, and dig into building your first data structure!
Linear Data Structures
Learn to build various linear abstract data types in Java, such as linked lists, queues, and stacks.
Learn hash maps, a key-value data storage structure with very efficient lookup performance.
Learn algorithm fundamentals, including recursive vs. iterative patterns and Big O asymptotic notation.
Nonlinear Data Structures
A conceptual and Java-specific introduction to Trees, Binary Search Trees, and Heaps.
Learn about sorting algorithms in Java.
Graph Data Structures
Learn to build a Graph in Java, and then traverse it using depth-first search, breadth-first search, and Dijkstra’s algorithm.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Pass the Technical Interview with Java with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Java and the Command LineA brief overview of running Java through the command line.
Java Program StructureJava programs have a specific structure. Let's take a closer look at the Hello World program — line by line!
Java Style GuideLet's look at a few Java standards before we jump into the syntax.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
- Free course
Java: AlgorithmsLearn the basics of recursion and how to implement and analyze important algorithms in Java.3 hours
- Skill path
Study for the AP Computer Science A Exam (Java)Master the core concepts covered in AP Computer Science A Exam and gain a solid understanding of programming and fluency in Java.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate19 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,884,362 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,453,026 learners enrolled
- Java1,716,977 learners enrolled
- Interview Prep104,231 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,227,896 learners enrolled
- For Business9,758,468 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,795,444 learners enrolled
- Python4,539,400 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,105,409 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.