Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary12 hours
Certificate of completionYes
About this skill path
Skills you'll gain
- Pass a technical interview
- Create algorithms from scratch
- Write professional-level code
Syllabus8 units • 36 lessons • 1 projects • 34 quizzes
Getting Started with Data Structures
Get started with an overview of data structures, algorithms, and dig into building your first data structure!
Learn hash maps, a key-value data storage structure with very efficient lookup performance.
Learn algorithm fundamentals, including recursive vs. iterative patterns and Big O asymptotic notation.
Nonlinear Data Structures
Learn to build various nonlinear data structures such as Trees, Binary Trees, and Heaps.
Learn how to build essential sorting algorithms, such as bubble sort, merge sort, and quicksort.
Graph Data Structures
Learn how to create, traverse, and find paths through graph data structures.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with JavaLearn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Java.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate19 hours
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with PythonLearn what data structures and algorithms are, why they are useful, and how you can use them effectively in Python.With Certificate26 hours
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with SwiftLearn how to use data structures and algorithms in Swift to ace a technical interview.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate10 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Interview Prep103,838 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.