Pass the Technical Interview with Python
Learn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Python.
Includes Python, Interview Questions, Data Structures, Big O, Recursion, Sort and Search Algorithms, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary25 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Pass the Technical Interview with Python:
- Learn Python 3
About this skill path
Once you have a strong foundation in Python, the next step is going pro. In this skill path, we’ll teach you the advanced coding skills you need to land a job — along with tips and tricks that will help you nail the technical interview. Learn about data structures and algorithms and dive into more advanced topics like algorithmic complexity and dynamic programming.
Skills you'll gain
- Pass a technical interview
- Implement data structures in Python
- Create algorithms from scratch
- Write professional-level code
Syllabus8 units • 43 lessons • 7 projects • 40 quizzes
Welcome to Interview Prep in Python
Get started with an overview of data structures, algorithms, and dig into building your first data structure!
Linear Data Structures
Learn to build various linear abstract data types in Python, such as linked lists, queues, and stacks.
Learn about hash maps, a key-value data storage structure with very efficient lookup performance.
Learn algorithm fundamentals, including recursive vs. iterative patterns and Big O asymptotic notation.
Nonlinear Data Structures
A conceptual and Python-specific introduction to Trees, Binary Search Trees, and Heaps.
Learn about sorting algorithms in Python.
Graphs and Graph Traversals
Learn to build a Graph in Python, and then traverse it using depth-first search, breadth-first search, and Dijkstra’s and A* algorithms.
Projects in this skill path
SearchcademyCreate an algorithm to search through a sparsely sorted list.
Towers of HanoiIn this project, you will use your knowledge of stacks to create a game that emulates the famous mathematical puzzle, Towers of Hanoi.
BlossomUse a Hash Map with a separate chain of Linked Lists to store the language of flowers. For every flower, save its meaning with Blossom!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Pass the Technical Interview with Python with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with JavaLearn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Java.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate19 hours
Linear Data StructuresLearn about virtualization of computer memory by building the fundamental data structures of computer science: lists, stacks, and queues.With Certificate4 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Interview Prep104,040 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.