Visualize Data with Python
Learn to make effective data visualizations in Python with Matplotlib and Seaborn.
Includes Python, MatPlotLib, Seaborn, Jupyter Notebook, and more.
Time to complete4 weeks
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Visualize Data with Python:
- Learn Python for Data Science
About this skill path
Data visualization is a powerful tool for understanding and communicating data. In this Skill Path, you will learn how to leverage Matplotlib and Seaborn to make effective, appealing visualizations – from choosing the right chart type for the data, to correctly scaling axes for truth and accuracy, to building an argument through visual choices.
Skills you'll gain
- Create charts in Matplotlib and Seaborn
- Choose the right chart for the data
- Follow standard design principles
- Tell a data story with custom charts
Syllabus5 units • 5 lessons • 4 projects • 3 quizzes
Welcome to the Visualize Data with Python Skill Path
Get started with the Visualize Data with Python Skill Path.
Data Visualization with Matplotlib
Make effective, customized data visualizations in Python with Matplotlib.
Data Visualization with Seaborn
Learn to make effective, customized data visualizations in Python with Seaborn.
Visualize Data with Python Portfolio Project
Complete a project for your portfolio that demonstrates your data visualization skills.
Visualize Data with Python Next Steps
What comes next?
Hands-on learningDon't just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You'll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this skill path
Make a Line Chart for ResearchMake a line chart with matplotlib to visualize precipitation data in six locations around the world.
Make the Other Charts: Silly's Ice Cream Shop ProjectMake visualizations (bar chart, pie chart, scatterplot, and histogram) to answer questions about sales data. Enhance the charts with parameters like error bars, AB lines, and subplot configuration.
Making A Visual Argument: Compare Grammy Win RecordsImprove upon a first draft chart to make a clear visual argument comparing the two most Grammy-winning artists ever: Georg Solti and Beyoncé.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Skill paths help you level-up
Get a specialized skillWant to level up at work? Gain a practical, real-world skill that you can use right away to stand out at your job.
Get step-by-step guidanceWe guide you through exactly where to start and what to learn next to build a new skill.
Get there quicklyWe’ve hand-picked the content in each Skill Path to fast-track your journey and help you gain a new skill in just a few months.
Ready to learn a new skill?Get started on Visualize Data with Python with a free Codecademy account.
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Intro to Data Visualization with PythonLearn how to use Matplotlib to clarify your data with meaningful charts and other data visualizations.Beginner Friendly3 hours
- Free course
Data Visualization with Python: Visual ArgumentsLearn good design principles for telling a visual story with data using Matplotlib.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Skill path
Analyze Data with PythonLearn to analyze and visualize data using Python and statistics.Includes 7 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate12 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization430,577 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,728,722 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
What's included in skill paths
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.