Python for Data Science: Working with Data
Learn loops, control flow, and functions while working hands-on to merge, aggregate, and analyze real-world datasets.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary8 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Python for Data Science: Working with Data:
- Getting Started with Python for Data Science
About this course
Ready to take the next step in learning data science? In this course, you’ll get hands-on practice with standard data techniques like merges, groupbys, and pivot tables while learning Python tools like loops, control flow, and functions. During the course, you’ll analyze four real datasets in Jupyter Notebook, an industry standard platform for interactively developing data analytics.
Skills you'll gain
Write loops and functions in Python
Write and apply custom functions
Merge related datasets together
Summarize data with groupby and pivots
Syllabus4 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Python for Data Science: Working with Data course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Python for Data Science: Working with Data today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Career path
Business Intelligence Data AnalystBI Data Analysts use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and Tableau and Excel to communicate findings.Includes 18 CoursesWith Certificate50 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Analytics SpecialistData Analysts and Analytics Data Scientists use Python and SQL to query, analyze, and visualize data — and communicate findings.Includes 22 CoursesWith Professional Certification70 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- IT3,870,052 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.