Time to completeApprox. 6 hours
About this course
This course is dedicated to programmers who are already familiar with the world of programming and are looking to become acquainted with the Python programming language. We designed this course to be a series of short, interactive articles that you can skim, dive into, or even skip. We did this so that you can use this course to both learn Python and to check as a reference guide.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Python for Programmers course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Installing Python 3 and Python PackagesLearn how to install Python packages and download Python 3 with Anaconda and Miniconda on Mac and Windows.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Python 2Learn the basics of the world's fastest growing and most popular programming language used by software engineers, analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers alike.Beginner Friendly17 hours
Learn Advanced Python 3Learn the basics of functional programming, concurrent programming, deployment, and more in this advanced Python course.With CertificateAdvanced6 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,370,590 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,317 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,318 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,871 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,800 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,571 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,482 learners enrolled
- IT3,698,510 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.