Statistics: Mean, Median, Mode
Get started with the most popular summary statistics: mean, median, and mode.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
You will learn how, why, and when to apply the 3 most popular measures of central tendency: mean, median, and mode. You’ll learn what types of data are most appropriate for each measure, and how each measure can affect your results.
Skills you'll gain
Calculate the mean, median, and mode of a dataset
Explain what each measure means
Decide how to handle outliers.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Statistics: Mean, Median, Mode today!
Looking for something else?
Create a Business Pitch Using ChatGPTUse ChatGPT to generate a business pitch that is effective and impactful
Accessibility on the PlatformHow the learning experience is accessible for learners
The Dangers of OverfittingLearn about how to recognize when your model is fitting too closely to the training data.
Related courses and paths
Learn Statistics with PythonLearn how to calculate and interpret several descriptive statistics using the Python library NumPy.With Certificate4 hours
- Free course
Learn RLearn how to code and clean and manipulate data for analysis and visualization with the R programming language.14 hours
- Skill path
Analyze Data with RUse R to process, analyze, and visualize data.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate21 hours
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- IT3,860,812 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.